Thank you Bootcamper Michelle for sharing your super delicious and virtuous cheesecake recipe with us! This was SO tasty – you’d never know it was low-fat and low-sugar!
Michelle’s EASIEST “Less-Guilty” Yogurt Cheesecake Ever!
1 1/2 cups whole-wheat ginger snap cookies, crumbled
4 tbsp butter, melted
8 oz non-fat cream cheese, room temperature
16 oz non-fat greek-style yogurt, room temperature
3/4 cup Stevia in the Raw
4 large eggs, room temperature
2 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1) Preheat oven to 350F. Combine gingersnap cookie crumbs and butter in a bowl and stir until well combined. Press into bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes until set. Cool completely before filling.
2) Blend cream cheese, yogurt, Stevia, eggs, vanilla extract and salt until mixture is very, very smooth.
3) Pour mixture onto cooled cookie crust.
4) Bake for 40-50 minutes until the cake is set and jiggles only slightly when gently tapped. (Because using Stevia, top of cheesecake won’t brown–it will still be pale white).
5) Cool to room temperature before refrigerating.
6) (Optional) Top with favorite sliced fresh fruit.
I don’t have a photo of the cheesecake (since we all inhaled it so fast the other day) so instead I’ll share a photo of today’s healthy Flat Belly home lunch…leftovers!
I was craving spaghetti so I made the low-carb, high-protein version: Spaghetti Squash with (Faux) Meat Sauce!