Not everyone has the time or desire to eat at home or pack food wherever they go. When I’m too busy to pack food or plan ahead, here are my go-to places for healthy, vegan options on-the-go! These are the places that I know I can get a healthy vegan meal fast and easy!
- Loving Hut, King Street http://lovinghut.us/honolulu/
All vegan. Super nice staff. Love the Pho, Rainbow Vietnamese Sandwich. And try their “Tasty Glory”, you have to ask for it since it is not on the menu! And if they happen to have vegan cupcakes on the counter – YOU HAVE TO GET ONE – they are INSANE!!!
- Loving Hut, Pensacola http://lovinghut.us/honolulu_02/index.html
Also all vegan. Different owners, different menu. Also super nice staff. Love their Kind Katsu. FYI, their fried items can be a little soggy/oily.
- Down to Earth, South King http://www.downtoearth.org/
Good menu items, full grocery store, lots to choose from. After an incident where I watched a dude wipe off the avocado serving spoon with his finger, I only get salad bar/hot bar items when they first come out in the morning…I get a little grossed out thinking about all those hands getting near the food all day long…but that’s just me.
- Wholefoods, Kahala Mall http://wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/honolulu/
Great sandwiches, full grocery store. Their salad bar/hot bar are also amazing…if I’m there early enough to be the first to touch it (see #4 for more explanation).
- Govindajis, Fort Street http://govindajis108.weebly.com/
Great place to eat downtown. Happiest staff on the planet. Food is always prepared with thought and love.
- Downbeat Diner, Hotel Street http://downbeatdiner.com/
Love this place. Fun, hipster vibe, diner food. They have vegan alternatives for all their menu items. Even a vegan loco moco! Plus at night they have cocktails. Service can take a while, so plan accordingly.
- Simply Joy, South King http://www.simplejoyhawaii.com/
Delicious vegan menu. Nice atmosphere.
- YuZu, Ala Moana Hotel, http://www.yelp.com/biz/yuzu-honolulu
Cool ambiance. Healthy macrobiotic japanese food. Amazing veggie sushi platter – you have to check it out!
What are your favorite go-to healthy restaurants/food stops? Have I missed any awesome vegan-friendly places? Share in the comments!