Guess what…I have been purposely VAGUE on what the “rules” are for our Team Awesome Boomtastic Challenge because I truly believe that YOU KNOW what you need to do to be healthy. If you sit quietly enough and REALLY listen, your body will tell you exactly what you need to do to make this the healthiest, happiest year yet. And when you listen to yourself and follow your own intuition about what is true for you and what YOU need, the results will be so much more meaningful and lasting.
I know it would be so much easier if someone would just tell you what to do, what to eat, how to magically cure all your aches and pains, and how to heal all of your emotional issues, but when we rely on others to design our lives, we lose touch with who we are and what it is WE NEED to be our best selves. We go on auto-pilot and tune out the only person in the world who is completely 100% invested in your health and happiness – YOU!!!
I am here to guide you, support you, inspire you, and give you recommendations based on what has worked for me. Some of it will resonate, some won’t, and that’s OK! Take what you want and leave the rest. As a team we are here to support each other in becoming more and more awesome everyday. Share with each other, pump each other up – it’s amazing how the more we help others, the more we grow, expand, and evolve too.
Yesterday I took some time to listen to my body and this is what it told me it needed:
- Sleep (I listened and went to bed at 5pm and woke up at 5am! OMG!)
- A break from booze (I plan to go dry for at least a month – although I’m allowing myself a couple drinks when my Unicorn Sister May comes to town to visit in a couple weeks! Yay!)
- Some alone time to get organized (yesterday and today I caught up on housework, work, email, and other stuff I’ve put off during the holidays)
- Water water water! (drinking some as I write this)
- More organic, raw, vegan, unprocessed deliciousness in my diet and less dairy and processed sugar/white flour/white rice/white pasta, etc. (made some yummy mostly raw mushroom kim chi sprouted tofu nori rolls for lunch today – see photo)
Each week, I plan to take some time to get quiet and check in with my body to see what it needs and wants and I encourage you to do the same. Simply lock yourself in a room somewhere, turn off all media, disconnect from the outer and connect with the inner…write down any inspirations or messages you receive and then ACT ON THEM.
Remember – change only happens when YOU REALLY WANT IT. And if you really want something, you will find a way to achieve it and you will magically manifest the support you need (that’s where me and your teammates come in!). My wish for you is that this is the year that you discover what you truly want and you take full ownership for how you are going to create the body and life you desire. I believe in you, but to be Boomtastic YOU gotta believe in you!
So…what is your body telling you, oh Awesome One?