4 Weeks down and just 2 more to go of Egan’s Fit Body Bootcamp New Year’s Revolution Challenge. My AWESOME team members have been so focused and committed through this challenge. As I said in my last post, it is so exciting to see people gaining confidence in their ability to change their body and their life. BELIEVING that you have the power to control your life is the first step in reaching your health and fitness goals, or any goals for that matter!
But BELIEVING will only get you so far. While this is crucial to the foundation of your success, it is only one piece of the puzzle. You must add ACTION to make your beliefs come alive! Let’s put it this way, is the person who is reaching their health and fitness goals the one on the couch making the fanciest vision board full of chiseled ab photos and power statements, watching “The Secret” and thinking about how they BELIEVE that this is the year for them? Nope. It is the person who…
- Calls a friend to schedule a workout date
- Takes out their calendar and schedules 3 workouts for the week
- Throws out all the junk food in the house
- Finally does that fitness DVD that’s been on the shelf
- Goes to the gym
- Puts on their shoes and goes for a walk/run
- Google-researches their health and fitness questions
- Plans their healthy meals for the week
- Schedules an appointment with a personal trainer
- Schedules a nutrition consultation
- Logs and shares their food journal (heyyy Fitness Pal)
- Reaches out for support from trainers, friends, family
- Calls to find out more about Egan’s Fit Body Bootcamp (shameless plug)
Get the point? Nothing wrong with vision boards (believe I’ve made enough of them to build a small poster board house) but wanting, visioning, and believing will only position you in the right direction for success. ASKING, DOING, and SWEATING is what will get you there AND KEEP YOU GOING when you hit inevitable bumps along the way. So this week, commit to adding some jet fuel (ACTION) to your coffee (YOUR GOALS). Here’s a simple sample –
MY GOAL THIS WEEK:
Beat my fit test numbers from last week
- Message my Accountability Partner and let them know my goal
- Google-research tips for doing burpees and push-ups
- Foam roll, hydrate, eat clean, and go to bed early this week, especially the day before my fit test
- Ask someone who has higher numbers than me what their tricks are for fit test
You can use this method of adding ACTION STEPS to your goals in all areas of your life! Create a new ritual…sit down on Sundays and write out all the things you want in life, then add 3 ACTION STEPS that you can take during the week to get you closer to each one! Then DO THEM!!! Revisit the list every week and be amazed by the way the Universe supports those of us that TAKE ACTION to create the life we want! Boom!
Wishing you an inspired, empowered week full of ACTION! Go get ‘um, Team!